WALGA (WA Local Government Association) is the peak industry body representing 139 WA Local Governments and manages and negotiates service agreements for the sector.
A Preferred Supplier is a service provider that has been pre-qualified and appointed by WALGA to a Preferred Supply Contract (within a specific service category) following a rigorous public procurement process.
- Creates a 'win-win' procurement market for Local Governments and suppliers.
- Designed to maximize opportunities to suppliers and benefits to local government by
- Streamlining and lowering and the cost of delivering services to Local Government.
Obligations & Responsibilities
A WALGA Preferred Supplier has a number of critical responsibilities;
- Full Compliance – comply with the terms and conditions of the Contract underpinning the Preferred Supply Panel arrangement.
- Delivery - The integrity and reputation of the entire WALGA Procurement Program is built on a demonstration that appointed Preferred Suppliers consistently deliver against their contractual commitments.
- Best Price Guarantee – provide optimal pricing and conditions of supply exclusively through the WALGA Panel arrangement. »
- Dedicated Account Management – maintain a dedicated and fully resourced account manager or management team for all Local Government customers
- Contract Management – work with a dedicated WALGA Contract Manager for the term of the contract. Specific contract management activities include establishment and management of KPIs (for the Preferred Supplier and WALGA), ongoing compliance and risk management audits and quarterly contract management meetings/contacts.
- Quarterly Management Reporting – provide a quarterly report on activity generated under the Preferred Supply Contract to WALGA as Contract Principal. This information is aggregated and used to demonstrate to Members the value gained by using Preferred Supply Panels.
- Promotion and Relationship Management – demonstrate active relationship management with Local Governments (including visits to Local Governments over the term of the contract) and regular promotion of products and services to Local Governments.
- Transition of Business – transition all Local Government business (where agreed by the individual Local Government) to be within the scope of the tender exempt Preferred S